Thursday, September 29, 2005

first blog post ever

Hi everyone. My name is Michael DeFazio. I grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my mom (I call her "momma"), my step-dad (for about ten years), and five brothers and sisters, all of whom I love very much. Midway through high school I sensed God's invitation/call to "ministry" and I listened. I had great friends and mentors in high school who supported me 100% in this decision (few more than my mom). After high school I went to college at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, MO, which I absolutely loved. Ozark provided me with many transformational friendships and taught me to ask the right questions about God, myself, the Bible, the world, etc. My second year I met a wonderful and beautiful girl named Beth, and in about a year we were married. She is my "sustainer beside me" in so many ways, and I would not be who I am without her. After college we were planning on moving to Kentucky for school and ministry, but I got a phone call from a church in Santa Clarita and was offered a position that was pretty much made for me. So instead of heading 10 hours east, we moved 20 hours west, and here we are. I have been in California for about three months and this is my first quarter at Fuller. I really am very excited to be here, and very excited about this class. Well, that's the hyper-quick version of my story. This is me. And as for where it is going, I'm not really sure. About all I know is that I want to help the church explore two very important questions: "Who is Jesus?" and "What does he want from us today?" Not to be cliche (I think it's funny that people always say that before using a cliche, so I have adopted the habit), but the rest is just details for me at this point. Shalom.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Greetings from your neighbor in Santa Clarita.

W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home